Saturday, May 12, 2012

Christmas in May?

Ok...so it did feel a little odd to be making a Christmas card in May.  It is hard to even think about Christmas when we are enjoying such nice weather outside.  But, as I said yesterday, I have been working on a set of cards for a friend and wanted to send her cards for many different occasions.  

And, I will admit that I am addicted to these partial front cards.  They really turn out so pretty, and they are super easy and fast.  If you didn't see the tutorial at the Shelly's Images Blog you can find it here.



Card Measurements - Found in the Tutorial (I made the A7 size)
Santa Digi Stamp from Shelly's Images
Patterned Papers from my stash
Bazzill Papers - Crimson and Aspen
Ribbon and sequins from my stash
Gold Stickles, Liquid Pearl for Santa's beard, Crystal Accents and glitter for the "snow" on Santa's hat, and Crystal Accents for the lenses in Santa's Glasses.

Copic Colors used:
Skin-E000, E51, E21, touch of R30 for cheeks
Reds-R29, R27, R24, R14
Gray for Beard-C3, C0
Blue for eyes-B91
Yellow for bell-YR12, Y21

It really isn't too early to start making some Christmas cards for your stash.  I HOPE to get a very early start this year.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Shelly! LOVE your coloring and the added sparkle is PERFECT! I know what you mean about making Christmas cards in May ... hard to do!
    I have YET to make one of these partial front cards ... really need to put that at the top of my TO DO LIST!
    Happy Mother's Day to you my friend! I hope your weekend has & will be FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. -Shelly